Covid-19 Inclusive Response Program
The Southern Africa Federation of the Disabled (SAFOD) is using its regional Covid-19 Response Strategy for Persons with Disabilities to implement the following projects and activities:
- Conducting an Online Survey
- Capacity-Building Training
- Online Portal on COVID-19
- Competition for Artists & Craftspeople
Meet Our Team
Making A Case About Inclusion
Why Persons with Disabilities?
Why is it so important to develop a Covid-19 Inclusive Response Strategy specifically focused on mitigating the impact of the pandemic on persons with disabilities in Souther Africa?
- They generally have more healthcare needs than others.
- Their needs are both standard and linked to impairments.
- They are, therefore, more vulnerable to the social impact brought by the advent of COVID-19.
- They tend to access low quality or inaccessible health-care services than others.
- They tend to experience social attitudes characterized by stigma and discrimination.
- Low participation of persons with disabilities leading to policies that are not inclusive of their needs.
Become a subscriber to our email newsletters for the latest new